Friday, April 1, 2011

Someone out there panning a walk cycle hates me right now.

So, more often than not I do a walk cycle then just leave it looping on the spot and don't bother panning it across a background because in the past most of my walk cycles have been exercises for the sake of the walk itself.

So I think that when you DO take your walk cycle character and pan it across a screen the idea is to measure out how much you've put the planted foot back on each frame then calculate how quickly the pan will have to move, or if you're doing the pan by hand you carefully line up the tickers to the accorded distance or something.

That's how I think it works anyways. I've yet to actually do that because I tend to just guess at random then check the feet. It's happened for the second time now that on the first guesstimate the feet stick perfectly.

Well, if that's how my dice are going to roll I guess I'll just have to live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment