Monday, March 21, 2011

A WILD CHANGE OF PLANS APPEARS!

Sooooo... I was thinking through how my film was going to look cleaned up. I thought about what the lines look like cleaned up, how they'll look with the backgrounds, comments from my grad panel waaaaaay back in December about how I shouldn't clean the lines up so much and also of the background sketch I have here on the blog and... I came to a conclusion that surprised myself: I really like the sketchy look of that background kelpie. I regret that I won't be able to have the bleeding ink lines via digital cleanup but... I like the gestural mess and I think if will actually add to the atmosphere of the film.
I had originally thought I was going to do clean lines but ink bled; I abandoned that plan rather earlier on in the game because printer paper does not bleed the pilot pen ink very well. But that failing, I can still use the other aspect of my sketches. I will still be able to colour in the images easily enough using the drag tool paint bucket set to paint unpainted in toonboom. So messy lines of mayhem: here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment